Hey couples, any mango lovers out there? We here at Casa de Spiker love mangos. In fact, from late spring through the end of summer, we put them in just about everything from oatmeal to salads, including this complete meal Southwestern Chicken and Mango Salad with Mango Vinaigrette!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
We know you don’t have a ton of time, which is why this salad is the perfect complete meal for busy newlyweds, on the go empty nesters, or working roommates. Fresh, tender, baby greens topped with sautéed southwestern chicken, grilled corn, tomatoes, avocado, pepitas and black beans and all drizzled with a sweet mango vinaigrette! Stunning. Am I right? And only 25 minutes to make from start to tasty finish!
The Mango Lime Vinaigrette:
This beautiful sunny dressing is made in the blender with extra virgin olive oil, fresh sweet mango, lime juice, a little honey, sea salt and a dash of cayenne pepper. So fresh and beautiful! Healthy eating never looked so good.
The Recipe: Southwestern Chicken and Mango Salad with Mango Vinaigrette!
A quick and easy complete meal salad that covers all the bases!
- 1 large boneless skinless organic chicken breast cut into 1" cubes
- Southwestern seasoning mix
- 1 corn cob kernels shaved off
- 1 large ripe mango peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus a tablespoon for pan
- juice of one lime
- sea salt pinch
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- After dicing chicken into 1" cubes, sprinkle generously with your favorite southwestern spice mix, a little sea salt and pepper, set aside
- Shave corn off cob, peel tomato, dice mango and avocado
- Place a grill pan on medium/high heat for two minutes.
- Add a tablespoon olive oil to the pan . When oil is hot but not smoking, add diced seasoned chicken, stirring here and there for 4 minutes.
- Add corn kernels to pan with chicken and cook for three more minutes, stirring frequently, turn off heat
- Place olive oil, lime juice, sea salt a few turns of black pepper, cayenne pepper and half of the diced mango into a blender and blend until smooth
- Place greens on platter, sprinkle with black beans, pepitas, fresh diced mango, tomato, avocado, and last, chicken and corn
- Drizzle with mango vinaigrette and toss
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if needed, eat!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!