If you really want to show your partner how much you love and appreciate them, allow them to sleep in while you make these Savory Sweet Potato Fritters with Avocado and Fried Eggs. Heart shaped eggs optional, but certainly encouraged!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same)
Go Forth and Get Your Fritter On!
Fritter: fun to say, fun to make and even more fun to eat. Just grate a sweet potato, add chives and an egg and fry until crispy. Anyone can do it. It’s kind of like making a pancake!
Hey couples! Want healthy meals to cook together delivered to your door? Choose from 18 healthy & delicious recipes a week from Sun Basket! Save $45 if you order today!
We top these crispy fritters with a little avocado mash and fried eggs. These heart shaped eggs were made using a little pancake mold. Perfect little breakfast in bed perhaps?
Getting that Perfect Egg:
The secret to frying a perfect egg is a hot pan and plenty of butter or olive oil. Putting the egg in before the pan is really hot guarantees sticking and a hard to clean pan. Make life easy, heat the pan for a good two minutes before adding the butter/oil, let that get hot, then add the egg.
The Recipe: Savory Sweet Potato Fritters with Avocado Mash and Fried Eggs!
A delicious savory breakfast for two
- 1 medium size sweet potato peeled and grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons chives chopped
- sea salt freshly ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- a few cherry tomatoes if desired
- Place a paper towel in a colander and set aside
- Peel and grate potato using a food processor or box grater, sprinkle potatoes with sea salt, toss and place in paper towel lined colander
- whisk 1 egg, pinch of sea salt, a few turns of freshly ground pepper and 1 tablespoon chives toegether
- mash avocado in a small bowl
- slice tomatoes if using
- use paper towel to squeeze out any extra moisture from potatoes
- Place in a bowl and stir in egg mixture
- Heat a medium sized pan on med/high heat for two minutes, add olive oil, covering entire bottom of pan
- Drop potatoes by 2 large spoonfuls into pan, using the back of the spoon to spread fritters into a 4-5" circles (will make two fritters)
- Turn down heat if needed and cook first side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy, carefully flip and cook second side. When second side is done, place fritters on plates
- Add more oil to pan if needed and carefully crack two eggs into pan (use heart shaped mold if desired)
- While eggs cook, spread avocado mash onto fritters, leaving edges exposed
- When eggs are cooked to your liking (I recommend cooked whites, runny yolks) remove with spatula and place on fritters
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired, garnish with chives and tomatoes, serve
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!