Whether your mornings are leisurely or rushed, these Maple, Almond Butter and Banana Overnight Oats make the perfect breakfast. Sit down and enjoy them at the table together, or grab and go. Either way they make a delicious, healthy breakfast…pretty too, don’t you think?
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
Why ‘Overnight’ Oats?
Soaking grains overnight makes them easier to digest and gives them a firmer texture than cooking. People that object to cooked oats because of the ‘mush factor’ often appreciate overnight oats because they feel a little more muesli like.
Enjoy at a Leisurely Pace or Grab and Go!
Another benefit of overnight oats is that you prepare them the night before, so you can simply grab and go in the morning, eating in the car, at the gym or at work. Hey we know you’re busy. Of course you can enjoy them at your kitchen table or snuggled under a blanket together on the sofa too. Anything goes!
So What’s in Them and On Them?
In this case, we mix whole old fashioned rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, almond butter and maple syrup and let soak overnight. The next morning we top with more almond butter, bananas and shredded coconut!
The Recipe: Maple, Almond Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
Oats prepared the night before so you can grab and go or enjoy leisurely the next morning!
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk or your favorite milk with drop of vanilla added
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black chia seeds
- Banana slices
- Shredded coconut
- A pinch of chia seeds
- reserved almond butter/syrup
- In a small bowl use a fork to blend almond butter and maple syrup until smooth
- In another bowl mix oats with milk, chia, cinnamon and 3/4 of the maple/almond butter mixture, reserving the rest for topping in the morning
- Mix well, separate evenly into two smaller bowls, cover and refrigerate overnight allowing oats to soak up liquid
- In the morning top with banana slices, coconut, reserved maple/almond butter and more chia if desired
- Grab and go, or enjoy at your leisure!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
Post tags: vegan, gluten free, dairy free