When it comes to summer and cooking for two, for us it’s all about not really cooking at all, which is where these Grilled Naan Chicken Salad Wraps with Cherry Salsa come in!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
No “Real” Cooking Required:
Just heat naan outside on the grill or inside on a grill pan, add lettuce, rotisserie chicken, cherry salsa and some feta and voila! A tasty, gorgeous meal in minutes.
Safe, non-toxic cookware is so important! Why Xtrema Cookware is Healthy & Versatile
This salsa is not only beautiful, it’s a sweet, spicy, salty combination that compliments the savory chicken and feta perfectly. To make like easier, use a cherry pitter!
That’s a Wrap!
Wrap all that goodness up in warm grilled naan and it’s heaven on earth. Your mouth and your belly will be happy. You hands will be too, since there will be like three dishes to wash…unless you use paper plates and then there won’t be any.
The Recipe: Grilled Naan Chicken Salad Wraps with Cherry Salsa
Tips and what you need: if grilling naan indoors you will need a grill pan. To save time use a cherry pitter to pit cherries. If you prefer to use a knife, cut around the circumference of the cherry, twist the two sides in opposite directions, use fingers to remove pit.
A quick and easy meal that is warm, delicious and satisfying! Please see "tips" above in blog post for advice on pitting cherries.
- 1 cup cherries pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 teaspoons or more or less finely minced jalapeno, basically use as much or as little as works with your level of heat tolerance
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- juice of half a lime
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups warm shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups fresh lettuce I used baby greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or soft goat cheese
- 4 pieces naan bread grilled
- If using an outdoor grill, preheat to 400 degrees with lid closed
- Pit and dice cherries, toss with minced jalapenos, onions, lime juice, sea salt, pepitas and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, reserving the rest for garnish. Set aside
- Shred warm chicken by hand
- If using a grill pan heat on cooktop. Add naan to pan or outdoor grill and cook each side until grill marks are established and bread is hot (1-2 minutes)
- Add lettuce to each piece of naan, add shredded chicken, feta and salsa, sprinkle with remaining cilanto
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!