Sometimes a girl just gets a craving for a burger. And in my experience, the guys don’t mind going along with that craving one bit. These Jalapeño Turkey Burgers with Basil Mayo and Healthy Potato Salad are our new favorite summer burger and side!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
Stay beach ready year round. Eat clean and feel great with our healthy and convenient meals delivered to your doorstep. Save 60% off your first box today!
Sometimes people are afraid of turkey burgers because they can be a bit dry. Not the case here! We like to use 85% lean turkey for this burger, so it’s nice and juicy. We add spices and fresh jalapeño to make it super flavorful. But the flavor doesn’t end there!
The Basil Mayo and Add Ons:
To create an even more delightful flavor experience, we top this burger with mayo whisked with a little fresh basil and white balsamic. Then we add traditional burger toppings like lettuce and tomato. Crazy good!
Wanna Make This Burger Gluten Free?
Opt for a gluten bun or wrap in lettuce!
Get 2 Free Ribeyes and Bacon! Limited time offer!
The Potato Salad:
When it comes to potato salad we like ours tossed in olive oil, sea salt and pepper! Simple, light and a fabulous compliment to our tasty burger! Pine nuts are optional.
Splitting the Tasks!
Make this meal in record time by having one person handle the burgers and the other tackle the potato salad!
The Recipe: Spicy Turkey Burgers with Basil Mayo and Healthy Potato Salad!
A flavorful burger with even more flavorful toppings and a side of potato and asparagus salad! See how to handle a hot chili pepper here.
- 3/4 pound 85% lean ground turkey If your ground turkey has excess liquid, be sure to set on paper towels to remove the juices.
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup good quality mayo
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 3 basil leaves chopped
- 2 buns or iceberg lettuce for wrap
- 2 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 to mato slices
- baby or iceberg lettuce
- 10 baby white potatoes quartered
- 1/4 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with pine nuts optional
- If using a grill to cook burgers, clean, spray and preheat to 400 degrees
- Place a medium sized pot of water to boil on the cooktop. While waiting for water to boil prep burgers
- Place turkey in a bowl, add spices and minced jalapeño. Mix with hands until well combined, form into two patties and set aside
- Whisk together mayo, vinegar and chopped basil, set aside
- Slice tomatoes
- Quarter potatoes and trim and cut asparagus
- If using a grill place burgers on grill cooking for 12 minutes (or until cooked through) flipping halfway through cooking time. If using a grill pan on the cooktop, heat grill pan on medium high heat. When pan is hot add a little olive oil and cook burgers for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. Make sure burgers are cooked through.
- Gently put potatoes into boiling water
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, then using a fork, pierce a potato. If potato is firm but fork goes in somewhat easily it's time to add asparagus. If it is difficult to pierce potato cook another 2 minutes or so and then add asparagus. Do not over cook potatoes, I mean it.
- After adding asparagus cook for 3 more minutes then drain potatoes and asparagus into a colander and rinse with very cold water
- Pour into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Add pine nuts if desired
- When burgers are done add cheese until melted, then place lettuce and tomato on bottom bun, add burger and top with basil mayo and top bun. Serve with potato salad!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!