When Cook with Me Darling promises ‘delicious, healthy, romantic recipes for two’ we deliver. Case in point: Spicy Citrus Shrimp Skewers with Mexican Street Corn and Arugula Salad!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
Colorful, light, summery and mouth watering, and easy to make too. This is one beautiful platter meal.
These succulent shrimp are grilled and basted in a spicy citrus glaze that is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
We love Mexican street corn, but don’t love walking around with corn in our teeth. I mean, who does? So we shave it off the cob after grilling, toss with traditional cotija cheese, lime juice, sea salt and pepper and snarf it with a fork, like civilized humans.
The Whole Shebang!
This may just be the perfect summer meal. You know what else tastes great with this Peppery Arugula and Corn Salad? Our Garlic Lime Chicken Tacos!
The Recipe: Spicy Citrus Shrimp Skewers with Mexican Street Corn and Arugula Salad!
What you need: a good knife, and spicy brown mustard!
Spicy citrus shrimp with a delicious corn and arugula salad made in about 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- pinch of sea salt pinch of pepper
- 3/4 pound small raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cobs white or yellow corn
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cups Cotija Cheese
- juice of half a lime
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Skewer shrimps, sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside
- Place 2T orange juice, 2T honey, 1/2 T spicy brown mustard, 2T olive oil, 2t honey, 2T butter and a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a small pan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Separate glaze evenly into two small bowls, using one to baste and the other to drizzle on shrimp after cooking
- juice of half a lime, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey, sea salt and pepper to taste, set aside
- Place corn cobs into boiling water, cook for three minutes
- Remove corn from water, place corn on grill, turning as corn starts to char (all sides of corn should have black char marks)
- The last few minutes of cooking corn, add shrimp skewers to grill, cooking 2-3 minutes each side and basting with spicy glaze (don't over cook or shrimp will be rubbery)
- Remove corn and shrimp from grill when done. Use a sharp knife to shave corn off cobs, toss corn with arugula and lime dressing. Add crumbled cotija cheese. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and toss again
- Place shrimp on platter and drizzle with remaining glaze, serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!