Oh heavens, how do we even begin to describe this Mini Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie with Salted Caramel for Two? ‘Complete decadence’ doesn’t quite cover it but it’s close, so we’ll go with that!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
The Mini Skillet Cookie:
My husband and I love desserts, small desserts, once a week. Otherwise we get ourselves into trouble. This cookie is made in a 5 ” mini skillet, the perfect size for two! You can make this cookie with your favorite all purpose flour but we make ours with Jovial Gluten Free Pastry Flour and it’s amazing. It has the slightest grainy ‘bite’ that we love.
We top our mini skillet cookie with our favorite no churn vanilla ice cream and salted caramel. You can make your own sauce (recipe below) or keep this recipe quick and easy by using this storebought organic version.
Two Forks, One Skillet
Sprinkle with a few walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts and you have one mouthwatering dessert meant for sharing!
Love a gorgeous home? Shop Sale Items Under $100 at Anthropologie.com.
The Recipe: Mini Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie with Salted Caramel for Two!
What you need: Make your own caramel sauce or have thi organic salted caramel sauce (<—click) delivered to your door! A 5 ” mini skillet and if making your cookie gluten free, we recommend Jovial Gluten Free Pastry Flour!
A mini skillet cookie topped with ice cream and salted caramel! You can make your own caramel sauce or use store bought.
- 3/4 cups organic granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour we recommend Jovial, linked above
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup room temp butter plus 1 tablespoon more for pan prep
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1/2 teaspoon extract
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Place sugar in a heavy bottomed fairly deep pan on med heat.
- Use a wooden spoon or silicon spatula to push sugar around.
- As sugar melts it will first start to clump, then crystallize and finally become liquid. This takes about five minutes.
- When sugar is completely melted and the color of caramel, carefully add butter (watch video for tips).
- The butter will bubble up…hence the fairly deep pan. Stir till butter is melted.
- When butter is completely melted, turn off heat.
- Carefully add cream in a slow and consistent drizzle while stirring. Whisk until smooth.
- Add sea salt and/or vanilla if desired.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place oven rack in center position
- Use a paper towel to wipe bottom and sides of skillet with one tablespoon butter, set aside
- Place flour, baking soda and sea salt in a bowl, whisk and set aside
- Place softened butter and sugars into mixer and mix for two minutes
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated
- Add almonds and coconut, mix well
- Add chocolate, depending on your mixer you may need to mix by hand
- Place dough in skillet and press dough evenly into the pan
- Bake for 16 minutes or until cookie is slightly golden and center is set
- Remove from oven. You can serve warm or cool. Top with ice cream and salted caramel sauce
LOVE HEALTHY, SEASONAL MEALS LIKE THESE? HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR! CHOOSE FROM 18 HEALTHY & DELICIOUS RECIPES A WEEK FROM SUN BASKET! SAVE $45 IF YOU ORDER TODAY!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!