Chicken and peaches, an unbeatable combo…. like burrata and pesto…fortunately, these two fabulous combinations are both featured in this fabulous summer meal! Couples, we hope you will enjoy these Chicken Kabobs with Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad as much as we do.
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
This BBQ chicken is anything but ordinary! Kabobs grilled to perfection and then smothered in a sweet and spicy peach sauce.
Love healthy, seasonal meals like these? Have them delivered to your door! Choose from 18 healthy & delicious recipes a week from Sun Basket! Save $45 if you order today!
The Burrata, Pesto and Peach Salad:
For those unfamiliar, burrata is a combination of mozzarella and cream. It may just be the dreamiest cheese on the planet. Top it with pesto and serve with grilled peaches drizzled in balsamic glaze and the two of you will be racing to get the last of the salad! You can certainly use store bought pesto, or learn to make your own here.
Divvying Up The Jobs:
We here at Cook with Me Darling believe cooking is more enjoyable when it’s a joint effort. So one of you handle the salad while the other makes preps the chicken and the sauce. Working together makes this 20 minute meal!
The Recipe: Chicken Kabobs with Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad!
A fresh and flavorful summer meal for two! Sauce can be made a day or two in advance for convenience.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 ½” cubes and skewered
- 1 small shallot peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil separated
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce I prefer the thicker glazes
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon -3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes depending on how hot you want it
- 3 cups baby greens
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 ripe peaches sliced
- 1/4 cup caramelized nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- balsamic glaze to taste
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into cubes and skewer, set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add minced shallot and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Add salt, pepper, teriyaki and peach preserves. Whisk until well blended then add orange juice, ginger and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about five minutes to thicken sauce. Let cool.
- If not using right away, place in a covered dish and put in the fridge. If using immediately just reheat right before use.
- Clean, then spray grill well with organic non stick spray. Preheat grill to 375 degrees. Place kabobs on grill and cook for 18- 20 minutes, turning every five minutes.
- While chicken cooks: place greens, burrata and caramelized nuts on platter
- Slice peaches thinly
- Add peaches to grill the last few minutes of cooking chicken, grilling each side for 2 minutes or so
- Add peaches to salad. Spoon pesto onto burrata and drizzle the whole salad with a little olive oil. Then drizzle with balsamic glaze to taste. I say the more the better!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss and serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!