Tacos. I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t love them. And these Easy Garlic Lime Chicken Tacos with Lime Crema are as make to love as they are to love!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
No need to dirty a pan, we simply cook them right on the burner flame! Not only does it warm them up but it gives them those charred edges.
Because we here at Cook With Me Darling like to make your life easier, we offer this recipe using rotisserie chicken. But if you love to roast your own, you can double the recipe for our spicy lime chicken and use that, either way, you are going to toss that tender chicken in fresh lime juice, garlic and jalapeño for a fabulous taco filling!
Love healthy meals like this one? Choose from 18 healthy & delicious recipes a week from Sun Basket! Save $45 if you order today!
The Add Ons and Lime Crema:
Because this chicken is so flavorful, we keep the toppings fairly simple: avocado, Cotija cheese, and tomatoes. The final flavor flourish is the lime crema! Sour cream, mixed with lime juice and zest…yup, that’s it. So easy but adds a touch of creamy lime to each taco! And if you love the look of that Mexican Street Corn and Arugula Salad <–click!
The Recipe: Easy Garlic Lime Chicken Tacos with Lime Crema
Easy tacos made using rotisserie chicken tossed in fresh herbs and spices!
- 1/2 cup crema or sour cream
- juice and zest of half a small lime
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and diced or sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 2 limes one for juice and one for garnish
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper depending on how hot you like it!
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and minced finely
- 3 cups sliced rotisserie chicken or use my spicy lime chicken linked above
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 3 oz Cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream or crema, lime juice, zest, sea salt and pepper, set aside
- Prep tomatoes and avocado, set aside
- Juice lemon and lime, whisk with jalapeno and garlic, set aside
- Quarter second lime for garnish
- Slice chicken
- Place a pan on medium heat, add olive oil
- When oil is hot add chicken and cook, gently stirring here and there until heated through
- While chicken cooks, heat tortillas on other cooktop burners, using a spatula to turn
- When chicken is heated through, toss with prepared lemon/lime juice and herbs, season with sea salt and pepper
- Fill tortillas with chicken, avocado, tomato, cotija cheese, garnish with crema and cilantro and serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!