I think it’s safe to say spring has finally arrived for most of the country. It has been spring here in California since summer ended. We completely skip autumn and winter, but the rest of the country seemed to take an extra long time to thaw out. So, now that everyone has finally arrived in the same season, here come the spring recipes! Let’s get the party started with this lovely Spring Frittata with Seeded Avocado!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
What is a Frittata?
Basically, it’s like an omelette and a quiche got busy and made a tender little breakfast baby. If that isn’t clear enough for you, you start a frittata on the stove (like an omelette) and finish it in the oven (like a quiche)! The beauty of the frittata is that you can pretty much use whatever veggies you have on hand. For this spring version, we use caramelized shallots, asparagus spears, and artichoke hearts. And if you love some extra creaminess you can toss in some feta, gruyere or parmesan.
That Seeded Avocado:
To garnish with a seeded avocado, simply peel half an avocado, brush with a little olive or avocado oil, gently press into chia and/or sunflower seeds, slice and eat! You can make this cozy meal in two small pans or one medium size pan for sharing.
Don’t Waste the Extra Artichoke Hearts!
You will Have leftovers, please don’t waste them, in stead make this Risotto for dinner!
The Recipe: Spring Frittata with Seeded Avocado
Tips and what you need: I offer this recipe with a Paleo/Whole30 and Keto option. You can use two small skillets, or one medium sized skillet. A good knife is always a must, and for this recipe I love pink Himalayan sea salt!
A quick and easy breakfast for two! I offer a Paleo/Whole 30 option for my dairy free couples and keto option for my dairy lovers...
- You can make this breakfast in two small oven safe pans or one medium sized oven safe pans. If using one pan split the ingredients evenly into each pan.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil butter or ghee
- 1 large shallot peeled and sliced
- 8 asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 6 artichoke hearts packed in water (drained of water and chopped)
- 6 eggs whisked
- If you don't live dairy free toss in some parm, feta, our gruyere
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- chia or sunflower seeds or both optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep all ingredients and set aside
- Place pan(s) on high heat for 60 seconds
- Add enough olive oil, butter or ghee to generously coat bottom of pan(s)
- When oil is hot, add shallots to pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (turn heat to medium when necessary)
- Add asparagus spears and artichoke hearts and cook for three minutes, stirring here and there
- Add a pinch of sea salt and a few turns of black pepper to eggs, whisk. Add eggs to pan(s), evenly covering vegetables, cover with lid, turn heat to low and cook for two minutes. Transfer pan(s) to oven and cook for 3-4 minutes or just until the center of eggs is set. If using a single pan it may take a little longer than if using two smaller pans
- While eggs cook, cut avocado in half, remove pit
- Gently peel off the skin, brush lightly with olive oil and gently press avocado into seeds (if using) then slice
- When eggs are done, remove from oven, garnish with avocado, serve
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!