I am going to tell you a little secret. My husband I don’t always agree on everything. Shocking right? And guess what subject we often don’t agree on? Food. Yup. Food. You see I eat mostly Paleo and he, well, he doesn’t. BUT that works to your benefit because we offer both options here at Cook with Me Darling! These Paleo Chocolate Waffles with Berries are a perfect example. I make mine Paleo, he doesn’t, but they are both amazing so no matter which option you choose, your breakfast will be delicious!
Cook With Me Darling is all about keeping the food real, healthy, delicious and EASY. We have a rule about using mixes or convenience foods: they have to just as delicious and just as healthy as when made from scratch or we don’t use them. For the Paleo version of these chocolatey waffles I use Birch Benders Paleo Waffle Mix (they also make an Organic Gluten Free Waffle Mix) For those of you that want a traditional waffle mix, my husband recommends Kodiak Cakes, but you can also use a favorite recipe from scratch as well. So how do we make them chocolate? So glad I asked…
How Chocolate Up Those Waffles:
To make chocolate waffles you simply add 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder per cup to your favorite waffle recipe or waffle mix!
I keep my waffles Paleo by topping with organic unsweetened shredded coconut. But my husband prefers whipped cream. Both can be drizzled with real maple syrup!
The Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Waffles with Berries!
What you need: a waffle maker, unsweetened cocoa powder , a good waffle mix: for the Paleo version I use Birch Benders Paleo Waffle Mix (they also make an Organic Gluten Free Waffle Mix) For a traditional waffle my husband uses Kodiak Cakes.
Chocolate waffles made by adding cocoa powder to your favorite waffle recipe or mix. See my tips for the best paleo, GF and traditional waffle mixes in post above.
- 2 cups of your favorite waffle mix prepared
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- assorted berries
- real maple syrup
- For paleo version unsweetened shredded coconut
- For non paleo version: whipped cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener of choice maple, honey, stevia, sugar...
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- Heat waffle iron, spray with organic cooking spray
- prep waffle mix, add cocoa and mix well
- pour 1/2 cup batter onto prepared waffle iron and cook until crisp, repeat until batter is gone
- top with shredded coconut and berries, drizzle with maple syrup
- If using whipped cream: use a whisk to whip cream until peaks form, add vanilla and sugar and whisk some more.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!