Couples, I am just going to come out with it. One pan meals rule. Well technically, this One Pan Spicy Lime Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Guacamole is actually made with one pan and a bowl. And we dig it! So delicious, and so easy to clean up!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same)
The chicken is seasoned with traditional Mexican spices and cooked right alongside the potatoes, hence the one pan concept;) We like to use thighs in this recipe because they are the most flavorful and moist part of the chicken. But you can use breasts as well. Or a mixture of thighs and breasts, whatever floats your boat!
These wedges are crispy and flavorful, see those caramelized edges? Swoon! And when dipped in our amazing chunky guacamole, all is right with the world. Love potato wedges, check out another recipe here.
The Guac: Offering you a time saver of course!
Homemade guacamole is bomb. We all know that, but my busy, hardworking couples I know you don’t want spend time slicing and dicing so I will offer you the quick method, mixing ripe avocado with some store bought Pico de Gallo. Big time saver but tastes just as good as from scratch!
Together It’s Magic!
These ingredients are magic together! Cooking and eating a good meal together helps keep the magic alive in your relationship too. Pretty much doing anything together does, but when that togetherness includes wonderful tastes, aromas and of course, the beauty of good healthy, colorful food, it’s next level. Or maybe it’s just me…
The Recipe: One Pan Spicy Lime Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Guacamole!
A delicious and healthy one pan meal! Paleo and Whole 30!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into wedges (1/2" thick at widest point)
- 1/4 cup olive oil separated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces chicken bone in, skin on (I use 4 thighs but you can use small chicken breasts or a combination of thighs and breasts)
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- ground coriander
- 2 limes quartered
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup store bought pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place rack in upper third of oven. Place a sheet of parchment on rimmed cookie sheet, set aside.
- Peel potatoes, cut into wedges, and place on cookie sheet
- Drizzle with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (doesn't have to be exact)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, toss, place potatoes on one side of the cookie sheet in a single layer, leaving enough room for the chicken
- Set pan in oven and roast for 15 minutes
- While potatoes begin cooking, brush chicken generously with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper then somewhat generously season with cumin, coriander and garlic powder
- When potatoes have cooked for 15 minutes give them a stir and then add chicken to other side of pan, skin side down for ten minutes, then turning over the last 15 minutes of cooking so the skin browns. Set the timer so you don't forget
- While chicken and potatoes roast, peel and dice an avocado, slightly mash avocado with with a fork and mix with pico de gallo, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and a little lime juice, stir again
- Chop cilantro
- Remove potatoes and chicken when potatoes are a little crispy and the edges are slightly browned, and chicken juices run clear
- Sprinkle chicken with red pepper flakes and cilantro, garnish with limes and serve
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.