Since becoming empty nesters our whole way of eating has changed. When it’s just two of you, the temptation is to eat out a lot. But when we do, we don’t feel or look our best…in other words, we get fat. Plus eating out takes it’s toll on the wallet! Fortunately we have found a way to achieve quick and easy while keeping our meals healthy and delicious. So…salad loving couples with little time to prep and cook, this complete meal Caprese Chicken Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette is for you. It’s delicious, healthy, oh so pretty and takes minutes to assemble… and no cooking required!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission, your price remains the same)
This recipe includes the classic Caprese ingredients: basil, heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, but then we add a side of chicken to round out the meal. Pretty isn’t it? And once again you use the ever convenient rotisserie chicken to keep it simple. But if you want to cook the chicken yourself you can use the same method I use in this salad (<–click)
The Basil Vinaigrette:
This dressing is so simple: whisk together olive oil and store bought pesto. Yup, that’s it. Now if you want to make your own pesto, far be it from me to discourage you. Find my recipe here. Need more ideas for what to do with that leftover pesto? Click here for pasta, here for pizza and here for grilled cheese!
Lovely, Simple, Romantic…
It doesn’t get better than that…unless of course clean up is a cinch, and it is! No pots or pans to wash. Perfection!
The Recipe: Caprese Chicken Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette!
A beautiful assembly only complete meal salad! Made in minutes and gluten free.
- 3 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons store bought or home made basil pesto
- 3-4 cups organic baby greens
- 2 breasts from a rotisserie chicken sliced
- 2 to matoes we use 1 yellow and 1 red heirloom
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella packed in water we used the kind that comes in little ovals but you could also cut it into cubes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together olive oil and pesto
- Plate greens, cheese, tomatoes, and pine nuts
- Whisk dressing again, toss salad with basil vinaigrette, add chicken to plate
- Pour a little vinaigrette over chicken, season with sea salt and pepper if desired, serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.