One word: Chimichurri. If you don’t make it on the reg, you should. It’s a healthy, delicious way to add flavor to almost anything. In this case, filet mignon. This, my friends, is Cook with me Darling’s Chimichurri Steak, Potato and Salad Dinner Board for Two!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same)
The Steak and Chimichurri:
Tender, juicy filet mignon, seared on the cooktop and finished in the oven, drizzled in fresh lime chimichurri… simply dreamy. Chimichurri originated in Argentina and is usually a simple combination of onions, garlic, olive oil, green herbs, and lemon or lime juice. Totally worth the five minutes it takes to whisk together!
Crispy roasted potatoes are our favorite. We used ‘new gold’ potatoes for this board but you could also use fingerling or even sweet potatoes. We drizzle them in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly turned black pepper and then pop them in the oven. While they roast, we prep the salad and cook the steaks. The whole meal takes about 50 minutes, from start to gloriously delicious finish!
Keeping it simple here: greens, apples, caramelized pecans, feta and a light, lemon vinaigrette!
Are you Drooling Yet?
If you aren’t, you may want to get that checked. This is the perfect meal after a day of hard work, hard play…or hard napping.
And if love easy platter meals, you may want to check out my Salad and Charcuterie Platter for Two.
The Recipe: Chimichurri Steak, Potato and Salad Dinner Board for Two!
A simple, delicious steak and chimichurri dinner board, complete with crispy roasted potatoes and salad. Made in about 50 minutes and gluten free!
- 10 'new' gold potatoes quartered (or any small variety)
- about 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped finely
- 1 small clove garlic peeled and minced or grated with microplane
- 1 small shallot peeled and diced
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 - 6 ounce filet mignon
- 2 cups baby greens
- 1/4 cup caramelized pecans
- 2 Tablespoons feta
- 10 slices apple
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place one oven rack in upper third of oven and another rack in lower third of oven. Place a sheet of parchment on rimmed cookie sheet
- While oven heats: quarter potatoes, place on parchment covered cookie sheet
- Lightly drizzle potatoes in olive oil (about 1 tablespoon) and toss. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste, toss again
- Place cookie sheet on upper rack in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and browned
- In a small bowl whisk together: 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, parsley, cilantro, shallot, pinch of sea salt and pepper, zest and juice of one small lime. Set aside
- In another small bowl whisk together salad dressing: 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey, a pinch of sea salt and a few turns pepper. Set aside
- Place greens, feta, nuts and apple slices on platter (or in bowl)
- Season both sides of steaks lightly with sea salt and pepper
- Heat an oven safe grill pan for three minutes on cooktop on high heat
- Add olive oil to pan, heat for 30 seconds
- Add steaks to pan, turn heat down to medium and sear for five minutes
- Turn steaks and place in oven on lower rack, cook 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 for medium)
- Remove steaks from oven and allow to 'rest' for five minutes
- Toss salad in dressing, place on platter. Remove potatoes from oven and place on platter. Slice steaks, place on platter and drizzle with chimichurri, serve!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.