We are keeping things sweet and spicy in the kitchen this week with a Thai Beef and Broccoli Rice Bowl that is quick, easy to make and so beautiful. An ideal meal for two!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission, your price remains the same)
The Beef and Veggies…
While the rice cooks, the beef and veggies are cooked in toasted sesame oil. Toasted sesame oil lends a nice flavor and aroma to this meal. I usually use grass fed filet mignon because it’s the most tender beef, that said, top sirloin works well too and is more budget friendly, so you decide!
Love simple, delicious meals like this? Get $35 off Sun Basket meals delivered to your door!
The sauce is a simple mixture of Thai Chili Paste or Sambal Oelek (<—amazon affiliate links), dijon mustard and honey. Just whisk together and you have an amazing sauce! Pour over meat and veggies and you’re done. This whole meal takes about 20 minutes to make and is perfectly filling, which means you’re satisfied but not stuffed, leaving a little room for dessert.
So pull out your chop sticks (no pressure, I can’t use them either) and get ready for a sweet and spicy bowl of yum!
The Recipe: Thai Beef and Broccoli Rice Bowls for Two!
Tips and what you need: a good pan, toasted sesame oil, and Asian chili paste: both Thai Chili Paste or Sambal Oelek work great! Sambal Oelek is hotter than Thai Chili Paste so start with one tablespoon and see how it goes:)
A quick and easy Thai with a sweet and spicy sauce! Gluten free.
- 1 cup jasmine rice cooked according to package instructions
- 1 6 oz filet mignon or top sirloin cut into 1" cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli broken into small florets
- 1 med carrot peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 shallots peeled and quartered
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- roasted salted cashews (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons asian chili paste see links above
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Start cooking rice according to package instructions
- While rice cooks prep all vegetables and cut meat into 1" cubes
- Season meat with salt and pepper and set aside
- Heat a large pan on med/high heat, add 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil to pan
- Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes
- Add broccoli, peppers, carrots and meat to pan
- Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring frequently
- While veggies and meat cook, whisk together chili paste, mustard and honey
- Add cashews and sauce to pan the last minute of cooking, stir until sauce covers all meat and veggies
- Place rice into two bowls, spoon meat and veggies over rice, serve
Note: Sambal Oelek is considerably hotter than Thai Chili Paste. If using you may want to use less.
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.