Whenever my husband and I order a charcuterie platter I always think “this could be a complete meal if it only had a salad”. So, here you go. I am making my dreams come true and you benefit as well. You’re welcome. Seriously though, when you need a simple, delicious and romantic meal there is no better low stress option than this Salad and Charcuterie Board Dinner for Two. Besides toasting the bread this platter is assembly only and it has everything you need for a lovely, no cooking required (because toasting is hardly cooking), complete meal!
(This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission, your price remains the same.)
The Beauty of The Board!
No cooking. That’s the beauty of the board in a nutshell. Another plus, you can use whatever meats, cheese and nuts you have on hand. Of course I will be offering suggestions but you can mix and match as much as your hearts desire. And there’s very little clean up because you eat right off the board! Grab two forks and dig in.
A lovely, light and slightly sweet salad comprised of greens, caramelized nuts, apples and feta dressed with a light, lemony and slightly sweet dressing. Charcuterie, otherwise known as cured meats, are very strongly flavored so we keep the salad simple, so it works well with all the savory, salty goodness on the board!
I used pepperoni, prosciutto, and salami but you may use whatever you prefer! I like to ‘scrunch’ up the prosciutto and arrange the pepperoni and salami in rows. What to do with that extra Prosciutto??? Use it in this amazing salad!
I used Tapas sampler wedges comprised of Manchego, Cabra Al Vino, and Iberico, slices of aged gouda, and the piece de resistance…soft goat cheese topped with Adriatic fig spread. Seriously, if you haven’t tried this, you are missing out, and spread on sliced warm grilled baguette it is heavenly.
The Bread and Nuts:
I love to use a par-baked baguette, slice, brush with olive oil and grill in a grill pan. That said you could also place in the toaster or oven. The nuts on this board are Marcona almonds, I love the olive oil and rosemary flavor. Of course you could use any nut you like.
The Recipe: Salad and Charcuterie Board Dinner for Two!
What you will need: not much! A serving board (I love this farmhouse style board or this round board) and these pretty cheese knives! I use a grill pan to grill the baguette and love Marcona almonds, and use Adriatic fig spread on the goat cheese! It’s amazing!
A complete meal served Charcuterie board style!
- 6 slices baguette grilled
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive
- 2 cups baby greens
- 6 apple slices
- 10 caramelized pecans
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt pepper
- Your choices of cured meats I used salami, pepperoni and prosciutto
- Your choices of cheeses I used a Spanish Tapas mix of Manchega, Cabra al Vino and Iberico wedges and slices of aged gouda
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 3 tablespoon fig spread
- marcona almonds
- Set out tray, board or platter
- Place pan on medium heat, while pan is heating slice bread and spread with butter or brush with olive oil
- Grill bread until golden and crispy, set aside
- Place greens, pecans, apples and feta in a bowl
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients, set aside
- Place meats and cheeses on board, spoon fig spread on top of soft goat cheese, add almonds and bread slices
- Dress salad, toss and add to board, snuggle in the bread
- Share right off the platter!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.