When it comes to romance and food, the Italians nailed it. For example, basil pesto. Flavorful, aromatic, delicious, beautiful and so easy to make. Of course if you are in a pinch or lack a food processor, there are delicious store bought brands that work really well. But if you have the time and inclination you may want to give this recipe a whirl and add it to pastas, sandwiches, potatoes and pizzas! So without further adieu…How To Make Basil Pesto!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales, your price stays the same)
What to Use it On?
Love fresh and healthy recipes? Try Sun Basket meal Delivery!
The Recipe: How To Make Basil Pesto
Fresh basil pesto made in minutes!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves peeled (this is how I peel mine!)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese skip if you live dairy free
- Pulse garlic in food processor.
- Add basil leaves, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Puree in processor, slowly adding olive oil till desired consistency is achieved.
- Add a generous pinch of sea salt and a few turns of fresh pepper, scrape down sides of processor and process again adding more olive oil if necessary.
- To save extra pesto, just place in a small dish, drizzle with olive oil to prevent oxidation and cover with lid or plastic. Keep in fridge for up to 5 days. This makes enough pesto for 16oz of any pasta you choose.
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.