You know that scene in Lady and the Tramp where the star crossed canines are sharing a bowl of spaghetti and each puts one end of the same noodle in their mouth and they meet in the middle for a kiss? Well that’s going to be you tonight because this Linguini with Butternut Sauce, Pancetta and Brown Butter is about as romantic as a meal gets.
This post contains affiliate links off which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same)
The Butternut Sauce, Looks Difficult to Make…But It’s Not!
Nothing takes the romance out of a meal like sweating to make your own sauce. We keep this Linguini with Butternut Sauce recipe super simple by using a store bought butternut squash sauce. But then we fancy it up with freshly chopped pancetta, shaved parmesan and crispy sage leaves fried in brown butter…swoon! Using butternut squash sauce is a welcome departure from the usual tomato sauce. It’s slightly sweet, light a delicious. The cheese and sage brown butter compliment the sauce perfectly, and that salty pancetta just completes the meal!
The Couple That Cooks Together, Stays Together!
Alone you can make this meal in about 20 minutes, together you can make it in about 20 minutes…haha! You thought I was going to say something else didn’t you? But alas, it takes ten minutes for the water to come to a boil and about ten minutes to cook pasta and the rest you do while that is happening. So togetherness doesn’t save time this time around, but it sure makes cooking more fun.
Do you love easy meals like this? How about having them delivered to your door?
Get $35 off Sun Basket meals!
MAKING IT GLUTEN FREE AND JUST AS GOOD!
If you live without gluten you don’t have to miss out on exceptional pasta! Jovial Foods makes the best gluten free pasta around. I am lucky enough to live by a store that carries it, but if you aren’t as lucky, you can order it here!
The Recipe: Linguini with Butternut Sauce, Pancetta and Brown Butter!
A simple, delicious, romantic pasta made in 20 minutes!
- 6 oz linguini
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups store bought butternut squash pasta sauce I used Dave's Gourmet
- 4 oz pancetta I buy mine already cubed, of course you can do that yourself
- 2 Tablesoons butter
- 3 sage leaves finely chopped
- Parmesan shaved
- Toasted pine nuts optional
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta to directions on box
- While water heats cook pancetta in a sauce pan on medium heat until crispy
- Scoop out pancetta and set on a paper towel, add butter to pan (still on medium heat), stirring continuously as butter bubbles and become frothy. Add chopped sage and 'fry' it in butter until crispy (60 seconds or so) then take off heat
- Pasta water should be ready now. Cook to package instructions stirring frequently
- While pasta cooks heat 1 3/4 cups sauce (or more if you like) and shave parmesan cheese with a 'y' peeler
- When pasta is al dente, pour into a colander (do not rinse), tap colander to get out excess water
- Add pasta back to pot and pour in heated sauce, stir until well combined
- Divide pasta onto plates, top with pancetta, and Parmesan. Then drizzle with brown butter and sage!
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.