Linguini with Basil Pesto. One of the simplest meals you will ever make. So lovely, so light, the perfect easy meal after a day of hard work or play, and not that I need to mention it, but it’s also the quintessential date night meal.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales, your price stays the same)
Pesto: Homemade or Store Bought?
It’s totally up to you. I will encourage you to make your own. It literally takes five minutes and fresh is always best. You can find my recipe for fresh basil pesto here. That said if you want to keep is super simple or lack a food processor, there are very good store bought brands of pesto out there. So decide what works for you and toss it with some al dente linguini, light some candles and put on the smooth jams…
The Recipe: Linguini with Basil Pesto for Two!
A simple romantic meal for two made in the time it takes to boil pasta!
- 6 oz linguini cooked to package instructions
- 3-4 oz basil pesto store bought or use link above to make your own
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil
- Cook pasta to package instructions
- Check pasta a minute or two before done, remove from heat when al dente (firm but cooked)
- Strain in a colander (do not rinse), tap colander hard a few times to remove excess water
- Toss with pesto, adding 1 tablespoon of pesto at a time, tossing in between additions until the desired pesto/pasta ratio is achieved
- Garnish with pine nuts, serve
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.