Everything about this Grilled Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Burrata for Two is dreamy. The creamy burrata, the grilled pears, the prosciutto and the smooth white balsamic dressing. It’s all pretty fantastic separately, but together in a salad it’s truly something to swoon over.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales while your price remains the same.)
Grilling intensifies the flavor of this already sweet fruit. In the summer we grill them outdoors, in fall we grill them indoors on a grill pan. The pears are the only cooking involved in the dish, the rest is assembly only. Our kind of meal!
So What is Burrata?
It’s a dream is what it is. Burrata is fresh Mozzarella cheese and cream combined, and it’s exquisite! You’ll probably have to but a minimum of 8oz so don’t let it go to waste! you can use in in out Chicken Pesto Burrata Grilled Cheese or our Chicken Pesto Burrata Grilled Naan Pizza with Fried Egg!
The dressing for this lovely little salad is a simple olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. I always recommend Prelibato White Balsamic. It’s so good I could drink it straight from the bottle!
The Recipe: Grilled Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Burrata for Two!
What you need: white balsamic vinegar
A simple sweet and savory salad for lunch or a light dinner
- 3 cups baby greens
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic or regular balsamic if desired
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pear cut in half and grilled
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 3 oz burrata cheese
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds or your choice of berry
- Place baby greens in a bowl or on a platter
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, honey, salt and pepper, set aside
- cut pear in half and scoop out seeds
- place a grill pan on med/high heat for two minutes
- brush the surface of pear and pan with olive oil
- when pan is hot place pears flesh side down on grill and sear until grilled marks are established (about 2-3 minutes)
- Dress greens with some of the salad dressing and toss, place on two plates
- Add an ounce of burrata cheese, 3 slices of prosciutto, and half a pear to each plate
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds or berries and drizzle the rest of the dressing over pears, cheese and meat
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.