When we became empty nesters, store bought rotisserie chicken became our best friend. Yep. It’s a lifesaver for busy couples because you can throw it into salads, quesadillas, sandwiches, wraps, pastas, and use it to top pizzas, like this Chicken Pesto Burrata Naan Pizza with Fried Egg! And because I use rotisserie chicken, this entire meal takes two people less than 10 minutes to make. Cross my heart and hope to not to die. And to add to all that good news, we are also offering a low carb cauliflower crust option you’ll love.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales, your price remains the same.)
Seriously, This is an Incredible Meal!
I know this pizza looks unassuming, but it is packed with flavor. And it’s incredibly simple to make. Just use store bought naan, top with basil pesto (make your own or buy store bought), creamy dreamy burrata cheese, and rotisserie chicken. A few minutes in the oven and voila! A gorgeous complete meal in minutes. Top with a fried egg to take it over the top and then pile on the greens! I use arugula drizzled with olive oil and lemon and sprinkled with sea salt and pepper for added flavor and nutrients. Top that pizza with a heaping bunch of salad, then fold and eat. A complete meal pizza, who knew?!
Those Eggs Though…
The importance of that egg on top cannot be over emphasized. It really finishes off the pizza perfectly, adding to all the already amazing flavor! I will encourage you to keep the egg yolk runny. It’s the best! Using your naan to wipe up that yolk is heavenly. But if you are like my husband and prefer it cooked through, then I say go ahead… I guess. After 37 years of marriage I have learned just to just let it go. Even though it’s obviously better my way.
Divvying Up The Jobs:
If one person makes this meal, it’s fast. If two people do, it’s lightening fast! That is if lightening took 8 minutes to make… Here’s how you do it: One of you preheats the oven and shreds the chicken, while the other spreads the pesto on the naan, then you can both add cheese and pine nuts to your liking. Pop it in the oven and while it cooks, one of you will take care of the salad while the other fries the eggs. Kitchen cooperation makes the meal taste even better.
Wanna Make Your Pizza Low Carb or Gluten/Grain Free?
If using naan is a little too high carb for you, or you prefer to skip the gluten and grains, we have found a great alternative! Cali’flour Pizza Crust works amazingly well in place of naan and just take a look at the label below. Yup, only 60 calories and 1 net carb per serving! (If you want to buy Cali’flour Foods Pizza Crusts use the discount code theorganickitchen at check out to receive 10% off orders over $50) Trust us, you’ll never miss the bread because this Cali’flour Pizza Crust is just as lovely, satisfying and delicious.
What To Do With The Leftover Burrata and Pesto!
When we cooked for a huge family we rarely had leftovers. One of the surprising things we discovered when we became empty nesters was that we wasted a lot of food! That is no bueno. So here is what to do with that leftover pesto and and burrata:
Linguini with Basil Pesto,or Chicken Burrata Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Salad!
The Recipe: Chicken, Pesto, Burrata Naan Pizza with Fried Egg!
A quick, easy, delicious complete meal pizza in minutes! I can only eat one of these, my husband can knock down two. If you can't find burrata cheese, use fresh mozzarella. This recipe can be made in the oven or on the grill.
- 2-4 naan 1 is enough for me, my husband eats 2
- 1 jar store bought pesto or see instructions for making fresh
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4-6 oz burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella
- small handful pine nuts optional
- butter for egg pan
- 2-4 eggs fried (depending on how many pizzas you make)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- lemon juice about half a large lemon
- olive oil around 1-2 tablespoons
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven (or BBQ grill) to to 400 degrees and place rack in upper 1/3 of oven
- If using the cauliflower crust option, follow cooking instructions on box first
- Shred chicken
- Spread each slice of naan with approximately 2 tablespoons pesto, keeping it about a 1/2 inch from edges
- Top naan with desired amount of burrata, chicken and pine nuts
- Place on oven rack or grill for about 6-7 minutes (remove when bread is warm and cheese is melted and bubbly)
- While naan cooks, place arugula in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and toss, all leaves should glisten with oil
- Drizzle with half a lemon, toss again sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place pan on high heat. When pan is hot, add enough butter so eggs don't stick
- When butter is melted and very hot add eggs to pan
- Fry until whites are done and yolk is runny, season with sea salt and pepper
- Remove pizzas from oven, top with fried eggs, slice, pile on the arugula, fold and eat!
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.