Grilled cheese is a classic, comfort dinner. While remaining casual this Chicken Burrata Pesto Grilled Cheese Salad takes it to the next level, perfect for couples who want comfort food, but plenty of healthy greens too.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales, your price stays the same)
What’s In The Salad?
We keep the salad really simple: greens, colorful cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts drizzled in a flavorful balsamic! This combination works perfectly with this hearty, savory sandwich.
This isn’t your mama’s grilled cheese sandwich. Hearty sourdough bread (I use gluten free from New Grains, they ship!), chicken, creamy burrata and beautiful basil pesto come together to make a satisfying, delicious meal!
Homemade Pesto or Store Bought?
It’s up to you. You can find my recipe for homemade pesto here, but if you choose to keep it less work then use a quality brand from the store.
The Recipe: Chicken-Burrata-Pesto Grilled Cheese and Salad for Two!
A casual meal that still hits the spot: chicken, burrata, and pesto grilled cheese served with a simple salad!
- 3 tablepoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices of your favorite artisan bread I use GF sourdough
- 4 oz burrata cheese or mozzarella
- basil pesto store bought or see how to make your own, see link in blog post
- sliced rotisserie chicken or lunch meat chicken
- Place all ingredients for dressing into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified
- Place salad ingredients in a bowl or on a platter
- Spread butter onto one side of each piece of bread
- Heat a grill pan on medium/high heat for at least two minutes
- Use a knife to spread pesto onto each slice of bread
- When pan is hot turn heat down to medium and add 1 tablespoon butter to pan
- Place two slices on bread (pesto side up) onto pan
- Add sliced chicken and cheese and place second piece of bread on top
- Place panini pan lid onto sandwiches (or use a spatula to press firmly)
- When grill marks form and bread is golden and crispy, spread butter on top piece of bread and turn sandwich over, press and cook until second side is done and cheese is melted
- Toss greens in desired amount of salad dressing, serve
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.