Couples, do you still enjoy a leisurely weekend breakfast? You know the kind I am talking about. That lazy Sunday morning breakfast, eating while still in your jammies and fuzzy slippers, reading the paper (wait, is this 1965?) and sipping your favorite morning drink. Those are my favorite breakfasts, no rush, no fuss. Speaking of no fuss, our breakfast menu today is Baked Eggs and Prosciutto for Two …a positively dreamy, savory breakfast for two.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales, your price remains the same.)
Definitely No Rush, No Fuss:
I know this breakfast looks pretty simple, because it is, BUT it’s soooo good! In fact it’s as simple as placing eggs and prosciutto into an oven safe skillet and baking. That is it. Once those whites are set and the yolks are perfectly runny, just spoon onto your favorite bread and your work is done. Speaking of perfectly cooked eggs, check out our Heirloom Tomato Burrata Toast with Poached Eggs and our Chicken Pesto Burrata Grilled Naan Pizza with Fried Egg!
Divvying Up The Jobs:
I usually encourage cooking together. After all this blog is called Cook with Me Darling! But I think there is something very kind, sweet and romantic about making your partner breakfast, and this meal is so simple it’s really a one person show. You will be enjoying this meal together over morning chit chat and that is what really counts.
The Recipe: Baked Eggs with Prosciutto For Two!
Tips and what you will need: an oven safe skillet!
A delicious savory breakfast that requires very little effort! You will need a small oven safe pan for this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 4 organic eggs
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives sliced
- your favorite bread sliced and toasted if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center position
- Generously butter oven safe pan
- cut or tear prosciutto in several pieces, placing some in the bottom of the pan
- crack eggs into pan
- place remaining prosciutto on top of eggs
- sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper
- place in oven for 8 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still runny (remove as soon as whites are set or eggs will over cook)
- While eggs bake, slice bread and toast if desired
- When eggs are ready, remove from oven and spoon onto toast!
May I Please Ask a Favor?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.